The Weekend Report: The Saturday started chaotically, because my Co Pilot not appeared. Conor, a colleague from the office wanted me mitnehmen zum Lake Banook, wo das Dragon Boat Festival stattfand. Wir waren um 08:30 Uhr verabredet. Es war bereits nach 09:00 Uhr und wir sollten um diese Zeit vor Ort eintrudeln. Aber Conor hatte meine Adresse und Telefonnummer im Büro vergessen, wollte die Notiz morgens schnell holen und stellte überrascht fest, dass sein Schreibtisch umgezogen war. Im Büro wird im Moment umgebaut. Ständig werden Büros getauscht, geräumt …. und das auf drei Etagen.
Nun, er kam später (bekam meine Adresse telefonisch heraus ;-), und wir hatten circa 15 Minuten, bis alle für das erste Rennen zum Beladen des Bootes da sein mußten. Wir sollten uns um 09:26 Uhr einfinden. Sind keine 20 Paddler da, kann das Team nach den Rules will not start. We left for me to clock 09:10. We had to take a detour because the bridge was closed around the corner to Dartmouth for works. Then we had no coins for the toll. The road to the lake was closed off, so we went to the bus parking lot, the shuttle buses every 15 minutes to the hard drove. The bus driver drove very relaxed for us immediately. Then we had to find our team. More than 50 teams competed against each other ..... we reached our tent at 09:22 clock. Just four minutes from time of absolute deadline!
This first race we have unfortunately lost. Sigh. That was not us. :-) The other teams were just too strong as the time comparison showed.
Nun, er kam später (bekam meine Adresse telefonisch heraus ;-), und wir hatten circa 15 Minuten, bis alle für das erste Rennen zum Beladen des Bootes da sein mußten. Wir sollten uns um 09:26 Uhr einfinden. Sind keine 20 Paddler da, kann das Team nach den Rules will not start. We left for me to clock 09:10. We had to take a detour because the bridge was closed around the corner to Dartmouth for works. Then we had no coins for the toll. The road to the lake was closed off, so we went to the bus parking lot, the shuttle buses every 15 minutes to the hard drove. The bus driver drove very relaxed for us immediately. Then we had to find our team. More than 50 teams competed against each other ..... we reached our tent at 09:22 clock. Just four minutes from time of absolute deadline!
This first race we have unfortunately lost. Sigh. That was not us. :-) The other teams were just too strong as the time comparison showed.
What exactly is a Dragon Boat Festival? A dragon boat is a canoe, sit in the 20 paddlers who come forward when they paddle in unison. Quick and sharp. Lightweight sits at the top and beats a drum (and tries to maintain balance so as not to fall off the boat). The teams were not professional, for many companies and organizations they represented (like our firm, which shared the boat with the auditors of Deliotte) to raise money for amateur sport in Halifax.
Who wants to know more about Dragon Boat is referenced on Wikipedia. That would blow my part here ( http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Drachenboot
Our team won the second race and came into C-final, where we occupied the third place. Of over 50 teams we had the 12schnellst time on this day (1:01 minutes) and we have the fourth place in collecting money, because the team ersammelt total raised $ 2,000. Not bad, right? We have once practiced and participated in the fun of joy .- As I sat in the boat, I could hardly take pictures. Was just looking at the homepage http://www.dragonboat.halifax.ns.ca/Gallery/tabid/299/Default.aspx Our team name funny as "Perfect paddlers.
way have Conor and I used to the way back more than 40 minutes. Bad traffic, they say here.
was rechtzeitg So I see at home to Germany for the game against Uruguay. A joy. Why were they so bad on it again in the semi-finals? Annoying. But, third place is not bad.
evening I am with Emily, who I met last Sunday on the road, went to the jazz concert. We heard bred Chicago blues (yes, even though it is a jazz festival). It played Lurrie Bell and Keith Hallett (shown in photo), more in http://halifaxjazzfestival.ca/schedule-grid
And we were the youngest. It was raining, but was warm. We joined some people and proceeded to the stage to dance. Surely you can not hear a concert in the seats ...
Sunday was just as rainy, but warm. I am spontaneous with Alexa, the middle daughter of Martha, mitgefahren. She has looked into antique shops for a table. She is a lawyer, but law was not really a topic of conversation. She then sold me the home, but with the friend of Martha, with Martha this afternoon about 15 Friends played bridge. I was stranded without a car because you come here not just continue. A bus did not go. As a chick I was fed with cakes and sandwiches (yes, for a "no. Thank you" to hear the old ladies easy). Oh man. But with the rain anyway there was nothing to do outside. So I've watched the soccer finals. A very viscous game.
PS: I just got to work again mitbemacht a witness interview, so quiet and still sat and logged. I'm just excited because Kevin's lawyer wants that I dictate my notes and write him a memo. So I'm on the same level as a summer student (Not seriously working legally effective, but helping). And I will dictate my first - to dictate in English - in my life. Madness. And then I found also a Klu in the file that could turn the case in our favor .... a great work. I have arrived. I've never expected or hoped.
0 comments:
Post a Comment