Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Iphone Amatuer Surgeon Xmas

First Monday in Montreal ...

The weather forecast had predicted rain. I wanted to explore the city anyway. On foot. So I packed up the rain jacket. And it was a great sunny day: First I took the bus to the metro and went to the Laurier station. The Metro in Paris is similar, simple, straightforward and down the escalators walk properly steep. In this District, the Plateau Mont Royal, have breakfast, I knew. Linda, who Biblothekarin my office in Halifax, had me a Cafe (445 Laurier East) recommended here, where there should be the best croissants. The croissant was really good. I was in my late breakfast comfortably out of the window to look at the houses opposite. It is typical that the houses have only about 3 floors from the outside and a wrought iron staircase leading to each floor. Also surround trees, shrubs and vines, the houses, so everything is very green. As I looked out the window at the passing of life, I saw a police car, which cordoned off the street and a fireman run in full gear in front of the house. No idea why - smoke, gas leak - but when I had finished my breakfast and left the cafe, they were gone. So nothing very bad could have been.
Then I went to the Metro one stop back to Mont Royal. There I wanted to run up the Mont Royal, but was then sent to the bus number 11, who brought me to the extreme. From there I had a great view of the city. The sun came out already and it was really warm. Briefly a historical background: Laurier, one of the first settlers here, and she went with a group of Indians that mountain. überwaltigt The viewing and beauty, He named the mountain "Mont Royal". Later, the city got its name, namely "Montreal" (in English, the French-speaking population of the city still called Mont Royal). The mountain sits in the middle and over the city and is a huge park with my descent I have come to meet many joggers. The park also has many hiking trails. I particularly like about Canada's good, and that's me again noticed that there are public water coolers to quench thirst. As a runner or walker, I am not so dependent on having a water bottle and luggage. - Then I am the Rue St.-Denis, cose is in this street there are numerous Cafes. Cafes are everywhere in the city, a sweet and charming than the other. But this road was recommended to me. On the road was built terraces where you can watch the street life over coffee. In one of the cafes I've also made a lunch stop and allowed myself a bagel with cream cheese snack. Mmmhhhh. I went down to the port. The old port has been converted into a park with modern day facilities for boat docks (yachts), Science Museum, etc. A shopping stall next to the other with jewelry, Canada-shirts, bags, shoes etc lined up together. Boat trips also could make it. I was just put in the shade of a tree in the park and had a little lunch break, overlooking the water and behind with the skyscrapers of downtown. By the way, the architecture of the city is mixed very interesting modern glass skyscrapers, along with older stone, in between a church and otherwise the relatively small town houses with 2 to 3 floors and a staircase to the entrance to the first floor.
back from the port in the inner city I passed through Old Montreal. Little old houses, brick paving ... Unfortunately, I found this part to tourism, as it joined the ranks of cafes, restaurants and souvenir shops together. The streets were so crowded that you could hardly walk. I have liked the street music, for example, a Geigerin und ein Gitarrist, die eine Melodie aus dem Film „Die wunderbare Welt der Amelie“ gespielt haben, was der Gasse ein schönes Flair gab. Eine Straßen nannte sich selbst „Rue de Arts“ und war mit Ständen übersäht, in denen gemalte Ansichten der Stadt verkauft wurden. Einige der Maler malten gerade, solange niemand kaufen wollte und nur schaute. Man konnte Ihnen über die Schulter schauen. Anschließend kam ich auf einen Platz, auf dem ein Mann mit einer Peitsche übte, während drei asiatische Männer in orangenen Kostümen auf riesigen Bällen daneben saßen und zuschauten. Ich denke, sie übten alle für eine Show am Abend. Das Rathaus (hotel de ville) war leider verhüllt, because it is being restored. In general, these are in much bulged in the streets and restored. Summer is the ideal time for constructive work to prevent rain and snow. In winter, the city is usually covered in snow. 2 m of snow and snow storms are not uncommon. In the Basilica de Notre Dame, I could only cast a look, because I wanted to stay free of charge. It is very colorful inside and has a blue ceiling. The church itself is built of skyscrapers, busy street running past her, that no photo was available of the entire building.
The last one was on my list Chinatown. I wanted to eat dinner there. All four gates of this District, I have seen. All store names and inscriptions were in Asian characters. I am simply in a snack and have among so many Asians, who were a head shorter than I ordered pasta. The seller has helped me with the selection. To try out I bought another of the same steaming Teigsäckchen. Mine was filled with spinach and shrimp. Oh, it tasted. Unfortunately, none of the stores a Mah Jong game. Zbiggy, Ania, we must continue to play with your copy. :-) Actually, I wanted to buy then in the famous shopping malls a pair of jeans and a long sleeve shirt, something the night before because I was cold. The streets are purchasing transactions of all Brands such as American Eagle, H & M, Foot Locker, etc lined up. There are also underground shopping malls, which I found as a labyrinth. In winter, they are certainly very praktisch.Ergebnis: I bought a jacket. And looking tired after the Metro station.

0 comments:

Post a Comment