Ottawa Ottawa enjoyed it. Definitely.
Ottawa was the first stop of my graduation trip week in Canada. I do not know was mich geritten hat (eigentlich weiß ich es schon), den ersten Flieger am Tag um 7 Uhr morgens nehmen zu müssen. Aufgrund völlig unerwarteten Nebels flogen wir erst zwei Stunden später ab. Da es eine Stunde Zeitverschiebung gibt und der Flug selbst ca 1,5 Stunden andauert, war ich also bereits um 09:30 Uhr morgens in Ottawa. Mit dem Linienbus ging es in die Stadt, Hostel gefunden, Gepäck eingeschlossen und los gings. Ich bin durch die Innenstadt gelaufen. Alles liegt sehr nah in Reichweite. Meine Tour begann am ByWardMarket: Zuerst habe ich einen Beaverteil gegessen. Eine Art frittierter Fladen mit Zucker und Lime. Mmhhhhh. Unzählige kleine Läden durchzogen nicht nur eine Straße, sondern ein ganzes Viertel über number of roads. Interrupted by cafes, which often had a wooden terrace in front, can sit on the man. You can spend lots of time.
|
| Rideau |
ir particularly the estates have fallen into the streets, the farmers, where fruits and vegetables were offered for sale. I bought like 2 apples for a dollar. More will not worth it so, since I already do not travel the next day and cook.
then I'm along the Ottawa River (yes, the river has the same name as the city) went something upstairs, downstairs, through parks with a view down the river and along the Rideau Canal. Whether the locks are still used to prevent vessels from the river to escort into the channel, I can not say. It all looked very neat and intact from. Unfortunately, I have no ships go up the mountain am sehen.Anschließend I walked to Parliament Hill.
|
| Parliament |
before Parliament is a large park at the entrance of the Centennial Flame burns. The flame was lit in 1967 to commemorate a century of confederation and burning ever since. Is the foundation of Canada's confederation in 1867 by merger of the former British provinces of Nova Scotia, New Brunswick, Ontario and Quebec. I've been through a leadership inside and outside Parliament a guide and learn interesting facts about the founding of Canada. In de groups often were foreigners, almost all Canadians from other provinces. Here I met Mary and her sister. Maria is from Spain 40 years ago with her husband immigrated to Canada and now Canadian. We are well maintained in English, but her sister could speak only English when understand English. The ladies were very friendly and listened to Maria do not rave about their son (artist named Juan Carlos Nario) and then they took me into a strange and yet German outfit called invited German Town, where there were sandwiches and sandwiches. From this, they gushed. The shop is humming well into the week.
|
| View to Parliament Hill |
walked through a shopping center it back to the hostel to pick out my bed. I had booked a dorm bed, so a bed in a bunk bed booked. The room had four bunk beds. Half of the room was occupied by Canadians who had traveled to an orientation week at university. The other half consisted of German single traveler. I could only say hello and had the matter now, because I wanted to enjoy a boat tour. I too am a low budget traveler, but sometimes you have to invest. The tour was wonderful. In the hour and a half on the Ottawa River, I have all the important buildings of the city - seen - including the Supreme Court, that the Supreme Court of Canada. A student once said every building in English and once in French. It was the last tour 7:30 bis 09:00 clock, so everything was bathed in the warm light of sunset.
then I have just run to the Parliament building, where every day there is a light show clock 09:30. I, like many others, simply placed on the lawn outside the building. The show was preceded by a half an hour and was really nice because it was projected onto the Parliament Building and integrated. It lasted about half an hour, was very colorful and was about what makes Canada and see how Canadians define themselves. Highly recommended. After the show I met the girls from my room (Leah from Switzerland and Steffi from Paderborn); since Steffi their card present, had we been admitted into any pub (the penalties for the managed pub company are vulnerable if something happens), so we settled in a cafe, eating a midnight cake.
ba |
| Basilica Notre Dame |
The next day I met Jessica in my room from Bavaria. We found ourselves waking up the first time together we have bought on the market a ciabatta for breakfast and walked to a supervisory point. We have looked at the way the Basilica Notre ladies. The towers look like they were made of silver.
tasted Looking at a somewhat rainy Ottawa the bread better. I then went to the National Gallery. An interesting modern building with a giant spider at the entrance. I wanted to see in the Gallery read the "Group of Seven", Canadian artists have joined forces for a new style (Expressionist, go out into nature to paint). It was worth it.
am I then still the city and strolled slowly to the hostel to collect my things. There I met Jessica, who has not left the hostel because of the rain. Certainly. Together we went to my place for my Co Pilot to Montreal. I was transferred or was the trip in the morning moved forward and I was not available. So that if one has no mobile Teelefon. :-() So I quickly went to the bus station and took around 7 clock in the evening the Greyhound to Montreal. 2.5 hours and $ 25. Thanks to my seat I could give neighbors via SMS my landlady landlady in Montreal decision that I am late. Sie hat mich so spät sogar abgeholt und zu meiner Unterkunft gefahren. Danke, Gail.
0 comments:
Post a Comment